Loopshop 8 kicks off Strangeloop's eighth season this July with an array of bite-sized plays on topics ranging from Swedish furniture to time travel. Scripts and directors have been selected and casting is underway.
The annual series, which showcases short plays or scenes from full-length scripts in development, is set for 8 p.m. on Monday, July 27, and Tuesday, July 28, at the Charnel House in Logan Square.
The selected pieces are:
- All the World's An Ikea written by Maria Burnham and directed by John Morrison
- Birthday written by Jeff Bouthiette and directed by Emmi Hilger
- Get Back written by Keith Gatchel and directed by Spenser Davis
- Here's My Card written by Paul Tinsley and directed by Breahan Pautsch
- Pity & Guilt written by L.M. Frank and directed by Maria Burnham