About the production: Thinking Caps is set in the near future and flows seamlessly between virtual reality and the real world. The play explores the upsides and downsides social media based in virtual reality technology. We need a lighting designer who can work with our projections designer to create these virtual reality worlds on stage and make the transitions from real life to the virtual one clear for the audience.
The production will be at the Charnel House in the Logan Square neighborhood of Chicago.
Pay is $100 flat fee.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: Duties include:
- Creating design research to share with the team.
- Designing and programing lighting.
- Loading in lights.
- Attending production meetings, tech rehearsals (as needed), and strike.
- Load-in begins April 27
- Possible previews May 6 & 7
- Opening: May 8
- Closing/Strike Set: May 31