Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Meet a Robber: Morgan Manasa on Hermann


We'll be sharing perspectives from our actors and crew of "The Robbers" periodically throughout the run. Here's Morgan Manasa (pictured, right) on one of her roles, Hermann.


What were your initial impressions when you first read The Robbers?
This is going to be a beast of play. *puts on big girl pants* Let's do this.

What's your biggest challenge been working on The Robbers? How have you dealt with it?
Aside from wrapping my mouth around the hefty language itself, playing two completely different characters really inspired me to make distinctive physical choices to distinguish who's who, which was both challenging and fun. Hermann's posture alone is challenging. (My back and hands are sore!)

What's your favorite classical play?
I love me some Much Ado About Nothing. 

If you could play any male role in theatre, what would it be and why?
I'd love to take a stab at Horatio or King Lear. I also love George from Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolfe?

What do you think motivates your character, Hermann?
I think everything Hermann does is out of love for Amelia, which causes him to make some very, very terrible choices. 

Other than robbing (or ruling, etc), what kind of job do you think your character, Hermann, would be good at?Honestly, if Hermann wasn't the son of a Nobleman I think he'd be a pauper. 

What do you think your character, Hermann, does to relax when not directly involved in the events of the story?
I think he writes love letters and poems to Amelia, but never sends them.

No comments:

Post a Comment